Sunday, June 27, 2010

Facebook

I have just posted two comments on the Facebook of Manukau Libraries, which are about the best book I have ever read (i.e. The catcher in the rye) and the book I was just reading now (i.e. Only the cat knows by Marian Babson). I also have a look at the website of Auckland City Libraries to see what sorts of updates they have made.

Just like us, Auckland City Libraries always updates the customers with all sorts of informative and interesting features. They are also having different types of blogs. In fact the library websites nowadays are becoming more interactive.

I personally am not that fond of Facebook since I am not that sociable. Yet it is quite useful for a public library to promote its service and communications with the customers. It greatly helps the library to extend its service to even non library users who are so keen on social networking!

Yet one needs to have some computer skills to use Facebook, which is basically intended for computer literate people. I myself will not continue to use my Facebook account for the reason I have stated before. So far I have received no question from a customer about Facebook because they are quite competent of this. Yet I will promote our Facebook page to our customers. It is quite cool! And, they then can know the library better, i.e. we are not all about books. We have something more for them!

1 comment:

tosca said...

Hi de hi - Facebook is an interesting case. Not a lot of our staff enjoyed joining so I'm always grateful that those that do honestly give it a go - like you did. You definitely don't have to keep following us after you've finished the tutorial - it's just to try things out, give it a go and see how we can do it better or different. So YAY you for achieving this ;)